Saturday, May 2, 2009

Castle of Rain, Thoughts by Emily Kennedy typed by Matt


Emily - Today we drove two hours to sea the rainforest. It was everything you could imagine. There were trees, lizards, frogs, rocks, insects...However, there was something missing; RAIN. There was no rain in the rainforest. What you learn about in school is false. The textbooks lied. We climbed rope bridges (seven of them), we swung from tree to tree, ok not really, but we walked until we reached our final destination which was the other side, somewhere, ummm, on the other side of the forest which had an end. After we um, stumbled down to get some grub (that's food), Club and Chicken Sandwiches. Then we headed off to our next umm, our next...uhhh...location. *giggles* I'm bad with vocab. Cape Coast Castle. The triple C. This was more of a serious emotion event. We were able to hear and see the origins of the African slave trade and the exact places where they held the slaves. It was a very moving experience and was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Overall, it was a great and fascinating day that went real well. *giggles*. Tomorrow we will go to our first, well our second, kinda, African church service. And get to do what we came here to do. Evangelize. I'll see ya later. I hate goodbyes. I'll see you in a few weeks to all those followers on this site. You good?

6 comments:

  1. Love reading the blogs....Praying for you! Much Love, Julie Jaderston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would reflect that the 22 hour flight from the Americas to Ghana compared to the passage time of the slaves from the Cape Coast Castle to the Americas by sail gives you a sobering perspective of no comparison. Jac's Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a slight obsession with this blog, don't worry it is healthy.

    kennedy will you bottle up your laugh and send it to me? thank you.

    love you all! mucho!

    p.s. seth please give my roommate a HUGE hug for me!
    p.p.s. cheyney i can't wait for you to open my favorite soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Erin...a slight obsession with this..I love reading the updates. And if we could send some of the rain that we are getting EVERYDAY to the rain forest I would love to..I'll see what I can do!
    Hill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kennedy...you need to go with me the next time I take a team to Brazil...they have rain in their rain forests. :-)

    Be good and Glorify God!

    ReplyDelete