Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Melshine's Life


My nickname: Melshine. My role: team leader. My excitement level for going to Ghana: RIDICULOUS! I have never been so excited to travel somewhere in my entire life. I love going new places and meeting new people, but my anticipation for heading to Africa is unlike anything I have experienced. My heart belongs to Nicaragua, and it will probably stay there, but I am stoked about visiting a new continent.
I just graduated from Sterling College with a degree in Communications and Christian Ministries with an emphasis in missions. I love being with people, especially the Ghana mission team! I also love photography, grapefruit juice, and playing the human knot game (kind of). I hate apathy, injustice, and boredom.
I will be at Westminster Woods after Ghana and then will be headed back to Sterling to work as a Resident Director!
Thanks for your love and prayers,
Mel

4 comments:

  1. TL: praying for you. the lord will use you in ways you would have never imagined. can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey...you will be in our prayers. Lead well and take it all in! Can't wait to see your pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MeeeeeellllllSHINE!
    I miss you and love you and am so excited that you have already graduated! by the time you get back from ghana-schmana i will be a college grad too! balllllin'! I know you guys will do awesome work over there! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melly....just for clarification you have many nicknames besides Melshine (even though that is a good one). Among the best are Monkey and Melly! :) I am soo soo soo proud of you! God has given you amazing enthusiasm, grace, patients, and direction. All of that is needed to be as wonderful of a team leader as you are! Please Please don't forget to give HIM all of the glory for your amazingness and the amazing things that you all will see and do! He deserve all of our praise! I love you so much and I'm praying for you and the team! Come back safe please. Oh and p.s. bring me back a giraffe. Thanks, Dawnie

    ReplyDelete